Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm blogging. I'm a blogger. I'm revealed...

...I feel naked.

Deep exhale. So this is my first blog. Ever. While I feel like I'm entering this realm of cyberspace a bit late, I'm happy and excited about it, nonetheless. Why am I blogging? Why do I want to be a... blogger?! I've asked myself this many times over the past year or so. I've wondered, do I have anything worth saying, will anyone read it, does it matter if anyone reads it, should I have a purpose to my blog, what should it look like, should I promote someone or something (or myself), will I stick with it, will people judge me? With such daunting questions looming over me and having the constant over-conscientiousness due to being the daughter of not only an English teacher but a writer, I just got overwhelmed (or scared) and abandoned any desires to be a Blogger.

However, in the past few months, while revolutionizing the way I perceive and achieve health, I've transformed. Or maybe it's awakened. No, re-awakened. Honestly, I don't know what to call it. Either way, I'm just in a "good place" and realized that I've experience a lot and have something to say. Whether anyone listens/reads, only time will tell. Even if no one is reading, I think the process of journaling my thoughts, ideals and experiences and sharing those of the folks who inspire me will be rewarding in and of itself. So I guess that's why I'm blogging.

Speaking of inspiration, my desire to blog is mostly due to my admiration for Jason Mraz, a Mega Blogger and King of the Wordplay. After following his blog, I was inspired to do the same. Not that I hope to BE Mr. A-Z but he seems like a happy dude and he has stated repeatedly that journaling is a major factor into making him cheery and optimistic. Since those are two qualities I strive to achieve, I figured he's on to something. And in following his blog, I've been led to other blogs by other inspiring people who in turn, further inspired me to hit the keys and start blogging away.

Basically, my life has been a series of some pretty crazy adventures. It was only recently, during a devastating lay-off, which provided me a lot of time (too much at times) to think, that I realized that they were in fact, adventures, not mishaps, wrong turns or closed roads, like I had once perceived them to be. Armed with this new optimism, I'm packing my bags for yet another adventure. Unfortunately... No scratch that. FORtunately, most of my adventures require a major move to a new place, by myself. This time, I am wholly excited and unafraid. In the past, I was always afraid. Afraid? Truthfully, I feared failure. Now that I've faced failure several times, I don't fear it (as much) and realize that it all works out, no matter how far you fall or how bad it seems. For me, if I have my family, friends and music, I will always find my way through. Courageous, I look forward to this new chapter in my life, hopeful that I'll meet super-cool people, learn lots of awesome stuff and become an even better person because of it all.

My blog will certainly keep me authentic. This is something I seek in everyone with whom I surround myself. It's also part of the title of my blog because I know this is how others perceive me and I'm proud of that. While I love Facebook and Twitter, there's just so much you can express when you're limited to a status bar and 140 characters.

Maybe my blog will be a chronicle of these new adventures and a re-telling of those in the past. Maybe it won't. Maybe I'll meet new people. Maybe I'll piss someone off. Maybe I'll inspire someone instead. Whatever my blog turns out to be, I'm ready. I'm committed. And I hope you're reading.

authentically yours,
-m

"Live high, live mighty
Live righteously, taking it easy...

Just take it easy and celebrate the malleable reality
See there's nothing that's ever as it seems
This life is full of dreams." (Jason Mraz)

No comments: