Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I'm only this far and only tomorrow leads my way..."

After last night's blog entry, I woke up this morning craving to hear a couple of inspiring songs which have carried me through highs and lows over the past 10+ years. At 30, a lot happens in the previous 10+ years. If songs can stand the test of that time, then they must be pretty special.

Specifically, I was drawn to Dave Matthews' #41 & Pantala Naga Pampa. Simply put, here are the key lyrics which I go to when I'm feeling happy and when I'm feeling sad:

#41
I will go in this way
And find my own way out

I'm only this far
And only tomorrow leads my way

PNP
Come and relax now
Put your troubles down
No need to bear the weight of your worries
Just let them all fall away.

Of course, with any great song, it's not just the lyrics which infuse themselves into your soul. It's the way the melody and harmony interweave themselves to breathe a deeper life into the lyrics. So, here are a couple live versions of these songs. Take a listen. I hope they lift you up as they have done for me countless times.



No comments: